Friday, January 21, 2011, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. PST
This workshop, conducted by Microsoft SQL Server MVP Kalen Delaney, will explore needed information about query plans, tools, best practices and much more. Kalen will provide all attendees with an in-depth look at how to use the information provided in the query plan and become ready to start the query tuning process.
If you're working with SQL Server and want to learn as much as possible about query plans, as well as processing options and techniques, this is the workshop for you. With multiple demonstrations and specific how-to examples, you'll learn what you really need to know for working with SQL query plans.
Here's a quick look at what you can expect from the virtual workshop:
- Learning the difference between estimated and actual plans, and when each is appropriate
- Determining the difference between index seeks and scan operation actions
- Understanding when and why SQL Server peforms index seeks or scan operations
- Discovering ways to get more details than the graphical plan provides
- Seeing different types of JOIN and aggregation algorithms
- Comprehending different processes concerning data modification operations
- Knowing certain guidelines for running the best performing modifications
The course will be available on-demand for seven calendar days after the live date and includes a certificate for successful completion of the post-course quiz.
As Kalen is a foremost authority on SQL Server query processing and optimization, this comprehensive workshop will bring you key information to apply to any work with SQL Server.
You'll also have the chance to register for our upcoming workshops on SQL Server. Register for more than one item in a single transaction and we'll give you 20% off your entire package!