Friday, February 25, 2011, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. PST
This workshop, conducted by Microsoft SQL Server MVP Kalen Delaney, will provide information on basic index structures. Kalen will provide all attendees with an in-depth look at how to use specific tools for exploring those structures, as well as index design considerations and best practice guidelines.
If you're working with SQL Server 2008 and want to learn more about how indexes work and how they can significantly impact the performance of your queries and your systems, this is the workshop for you. With multiple demonstrations and specific how-to examples, you'll learn what you really need to know for working with SQL indexes.
Here's a quick look at what you can expect from the virtual workshop:
- Learning about key design considerations
- Understanding which types of indexes and their placements will best support certain queries
- Determining the value of unique indexes and included columns
- Discovering composite indexes
- Seeing how to determine the best indexes for queries involving ANDs, ORs and JOINs
- Knowing best practice guidelines involving index structures
The course will be available on-demand for seven calendar days after the live date and includes a certificate for successful completion of the post-course quiz.
As Kalen is a foremost authority on SQL Server query processing and optimization, this comprehensive workshop will bring you key information to apply to any work with SQL Server.
You'll also have the chance to register for our upcoming workshops on SQL Server.