Continuing Education Units
One (1) ICEA Contact Hour, One (1) R-CERP
- Participants will be able to explain the history of the ACEs research.
- Participants will be able to list the 10 Adverse Childhood Experiences in 3 categories.
- Participants will be able to list:
- Three areas of disrupted neurodevelopment seen in adults with ACE scores over 4
- Five risk factors found in childhood when children have an ACE score of 4 or more
- Three adult sequel found in those with ACE scores of 4 or more
- Participants will be able to list three protective components in the family that foster resilience
- Participants will be able to:
- Define how the role of breastfeeding plays in building resilience
- List three ways breastfeeding promotes resilience in the mother
- List three ways breastfeeding prevents transmission in the infant
About the International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
The International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) is a professional organization that supports educators and health care professionals who believe in freedom to make decisions based on knowledge of alternatives in family-centered maternity and newborn care.