B+LNZ Genetics 2018 Beef Breeder Forum – 29-30 August
Each year for the past three years, B+LNZ Genetics has hosted a Beef Breeder Forum alongside Beef Expo in Feilding. This year, we want to expand the number of people who can “attend” the forum. So, welcome to this virtual conference. Here are the four steps:
1) Register in advance by clicking the "Register" tab in the top right of this window (or the massive "Register now" button above...). Simply fill in your name, email and nominate a password of your choice.
2) You then receive a confirmation email that includes the conference link.
3) Use this link to log in on the night - you'll need your password, so keep it handy.
4) Settle in with a cup of tea and watch via your computer or tablet.
2028: What’s for dinner?
We have five “live” sessions over Wednesday and Thursday evening – all focused on what we can expect 10 years from now. These involve:
• Pre-recorded presentations (to avoid technical glitches).
• Live questions and answers with each speaker, immediately after the presentation.
How to ask questions?
Please do ask questions during and after the presentations. Simply use the chat box immediately below the presentation screen or text in your questions (number will be circulated in advance).
Wednesday 29 August
Graham Alder, B+LNZ Genetics General Manager
7.05pm Crossbred bulls: Are they the future?
Matthew Cleveland and Bill Cornell, ABS Global
8pm Genomics is here: Get with the programme?
Bull breeders Bryan Bendall & Jono Reed
8.30pm So what will be for dinner in 2028?
Melissa Sowden, Silver Fern Farms
Thursday 30 August
7pm Beef Progeny Test: A frank conversation with the men at the coalface
Beef Progeny Test managers' panel
8pm Ireland's beef genomics programme: A most un-Muldoon approach
Andrew Cromie, Irish Cattle Breeders Federation
There are also another 12 on-demand presentations, which will all be available to view from 6.30pm on Wednesday 29 August. See Sessions tab above for details.
We hope you enjoy the opportunity to be part of this forum, no matter where in New Zealand or further afield that you happen to be.